Our team of technical experts in the field of ceramic-to-metal seals at our facility in Moissy-Cramayel (only 30 minutes south-east of Paris), formerly known as VERMETAL, has developed a unique expertise in the production of highly engineered brazed assemblies.
These hermetic ceramic-to-metal seals have been designed for the most extreme applications that exceed the limits of conventional materials and solutions: Electrical insulation, high temperature, high pressure, high voltage, high-vacuum HV and ultra-high vacuum UHV reliability, cryogenics or corrosive environments.
The main markets served for hermetic feedthroughs and ceramic-to-metal seals are aircraft, aerospace, defense, nuclear, physical research, electron and vacuum tubes, also known as valves, such as X-ray tubes for medical imaging or materials science.
Solcera offers material combinations including
- Insulators: 96 to 99% alumina, zirconia, sapphire, quartz, CaF₂ , MgF₂ , spinel
- Metals: FeNi, FeNiCo, copper, Inconel, stainless steel, molybdenum, nickel, platinum, titanium
- Brazing materials for low and high temperatures
- Additional treatments as gold plating, glazing
- Welding operations: TIG, electron beam EB or laser
Solcera uses two main processes making an alloying reaction possible
- Ceramic-to-metal assembly with prior moly-manganese MoMn metallization, fired under controlled atmosphere, followed by nickel plating and sinter-firing for conventional brazing processes with alloys such as AgCu.
- Assembly using active metal brazing alloys. These alloys contain an “active” element such as Ti reacting with oxygen. An active Ti-based metallization is deposited either by brush or by PVD sputtering followed by active brazing processes.
Ceramic-to-metal or glass-to-metal assembly ?
|Metallic materials compatibility||Wide||Narrow|
|Helium leak-proof||10-¹² mbar.l/s/cm²||10-¹² mbar.l/s/cm²|
|Insulation and electrical performances||Excellent||Good|
|Assembly mechanical strength||Good||Excellent|
Solcera has a strong know-how in both assembly technologies. Our experts will guide you in choosing the solution that better meets your needs.
Examples of products :
- Hermetic ultra-vacuum UHV and high-voltage feedthroughs
- Multipin and coaxial connectors
- Brazed assemblies for pressure sensors, distance sensors
- Brazed windows viewports
- Flash lamps for high power laser amplifiers
- X-ray tubes
- ZI N°1 - Rue de l'industrie
- 27000 EVREUX
- +33 (0)2 32 29 42 00
- 83 Rue Marcelin Berthelot
- 77550 MOISSY-CRAMAYEL
- +33 (0)1 64 13 61 10