Solcera has developed an advanced manufacturing process for their transparent spinel ceramic material MgAl₂O₄ CERA4VIEW ® that makes it possible to manufacture all kinds of optical components from near UV (300 nm) to Mid Wave Infrared MWIR (5500 nm).
6 times more resistant than glass, the spinel ceramic material remains functional up to a temperature of 1000°C.
Solcera meets all market requirements related to Industrial Optics, Space and High-Energy Laser applications providing a combination of extraordinary mechanical and thermal strength, with very similar optical performance as glass or sapphire in a very wide range of wavelengths.
- Transparent from near UV (300 nm) to Mid Wave Infrared MWIR (5500 nm) >80% without optical coating
- Refractive Index 1.72 to 1.64
- Maximum size 150x150x20 mm³, 300 x 300 x 7 mm³ vailable end of 2021
- Thermal conductivity 15 W/m.K
- Density 3.58 g/cm³
- Vickers Hardness 14 GPa
- Toughness 3 MPa.m¹/²
- Biaxial Flexural Strength 400 MPa (average) according to ASTM C1421-10
Unlimited imagination in optical design
- Freeform optics
- ZI N°1 - Rue de l'industrie
- 27000 EVREUX
- +33 (0)2 32 29 42 00
- 83 Rue Marcelin Berthelot
- 77550 MOISSY-CRAMAYEL
- +33 (0)1 64 13 61 10